In this Privacy and Cookies Policy, 'us' 'we' or 'our' means Jewellers Domain Pty Ltd (ABN: 76 514 311 254). We are committed to respecting your privacy. Our Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information. This includes personal information that we collect via the website at www.jewellerydomain.com.au (including all password protected areas) and any subdomains, all related top-level domains, mobile sites, apps, APIs and widgets (Website).
We may change our Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time by publishing changes to it on our Website. We encourage you to check our Website periodically to ensure that you are aware of our current Privacy and Cookies Policy.
‘Personal information’ means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (whether the information is true or not or recorded in any form or not)'. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the use of, or the protection of information provided to, other websites linked to our Website or to third parties whom you have connected with as a result of using our Website.
If you have any questions not addressed in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, please feel free to contact us using the methods at the end of this Policy under the headings ‘Complaints’ and ‘Contact us’.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect different personal information from you depending on the circumstances in which that information is collected, including as set out below.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on the Website (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
You warrant that the personal information you provide to us, and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address, Jewellers Domain web browsing history and standard web log information;
- details of the products you have purchased from us or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Website and the E-boutique or indirectly through your use of our Website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys or in telephone conversations from time to time; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties.
We may collect this information when you:
- sign up for our newsletter or create an account on our Website;
- sign up for The Waiting List for a particular product;
- Sign up for a product that is out of stock
- visit, order and/or purchase products from our E-boutique;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, telephone, in person or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our Website, E-boutique, content and advertising.
In addition, when you apply for a job or position with us we may collect certain information from you (including your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks) from any recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract. This Privacy and Cookies Policy does not apply to acts and practices in relation to employee records of our current and former employees, which are exempt from the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Website and to order and purchase products via the E-boutique;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Website, our business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to display or publish advertising on web pages that you access;
- to complete sales transactions;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- for planning, product development or research purposes;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our Website, or products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
If you visit our website and select products but do not complete the checkout process, we may also send you reminders of your uncompleted order and prompt you to visit the website to complete your purchase.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy to:
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our Website and/or our business, hosting, storing and management of our customer database or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments and Zippay);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our Website;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our suppliers located overseas. This includes to Amazon who hosts and stores our email database in data centres located in the United States of America.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian privacy laws. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles and our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Using our Website and cookies
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our Website that help us track your Website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other devices. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions.